(Latest details courtesy of arrse)
Monthly Archives: January 2015
The Japan Times reported that the UK and Japan are due to have their first meeting of Foreign and Defence Ministers (2+2 format) in January 2015. The agenda is thought to include the following items:
- Joint research on missile technology
- Measures to deal with ‘Islamic State’
- Early signing of an acquisition and cross-servicing agreement, or ACSA, to enable the Self-Defense Forces and the British military to share supplies and transportation services during U.N. peacekeeping operations.
- Cooperation on Ukraine
- UK support and advice on Japanese legislation to operationalise the lifting of the self-imposed ban on Japan exercising its right to collective self defence
- UK support for Japan’s bid for UN Security Council Membership
Update: it now looks like the 2+2 meeting is taking place on 21 January. Some details here.